Thursday, December 29, 2011

Service Learning

The cornerstone of any health care profession is service, and in that spirit I will be leaving today for the Dominican Republic, where I'll be teaching an International Service Learning course to six of our current senior athletic training students.  This will be my tenth trip to a beautiful country with beautiful people.  We will work side by side with physicians, nurses, and hispanic study students as we travel village to village in remote settings to help provide medical care to those less fortunate.   I will be taking a couple of weeks off from blogging, but will start back up as soon as I return.
 The best part, although there are many, is that the student gets to work firsthand with the population and utillize their skills directly alongside faculty.  It makes for a truly unique and beneficial experience, for both teacher and student.  


Adios, mi amigos!




No comments:

Post a Comment