Friday, September 23, 2011

Anatomy Guy is Awesome

A former student sent me this link called, quite simply, Anatomy Guy.  Simply put, I love it!  Once you get the past the old school green screen effect, which reminds me of Mystery Science Theater 3000, (possibly one of the best shows of all time) the content is superb. 

The site breaks down into specific body regions, of which you can see actual cadaver tissue (an absolute bonus if your ATEP doesn't have a gross anatomy lab).  I think this is great for students at any level, as he breaks down each region into several categories:
Dissection Prep
Dissection Review
Clinical
Imaging
Surgical Subspecialties

In addition, they offer several shorter videos on specific injuries, injuries to regions, and special categories.  This is a great site which I think can really enhance studying and further understanding of basic anatomy, structure and function.  Check it out!

Oh, and here's another MST3K vid to carry you through the weekend. For those who don't know, the basic premise of the show was to take a horrible B movie and make fun of it.   Sorry I couldn't resist.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment